[updates 2013] we no longer host our domain on godaddy, while the trick is still fully functional and one can utilize it. Moreover we have shifted to dedicated server recently, and if you are looking for affordable shared hosting we would like to recommend hostgator, world’s no.1 web hosting company that has proven uptime records.
[Update] This article was initially written with pure personal experience of godaddy account, if you are not godaddy user and landed up here you can try other methods just after next paragraph.
Well to start with, why you want to access your hosting account without domain, may be you want to open with ip address, url or any other way. if you have buyed the hosting account recently and do not want to make site live untill you are done with all sort of designing and content stuff. then godaddy hosting gives you the easy option to access the root folder by temporary domain link under DNS, Primary Domain DNS.
In order to activate this, all you need to do is go to Hosting Management
their you will get a link to the temp available url to access your root folder directly from browser.
as in my case it is Hosting account access url without domain
Benefits of this temproray url are :-
- you can redo your site without making your domain live.
- best options if you want to design website in advance fill contents , do all sort of SEO stuff.
- best option if you want to show your client website progress.
Possible Ways to Access Hosting Root Account Without Having a Domain :
1) if You are using godaddy hosting control panel use above mentioned steps.
2) if you are using plesk server then their is a option of site preview just beside the domain name you have added in hosting account.
3) Try using https://yourhostingip:8443 for the opening main control panel,and http://yourhostingip/~user however you have to crosscheck what username you have taken while setting up the hosting account.
more will be added here in future.
if you have any suggestions to add to it, do not forget to leave comment