Client Server Architecture
Network architecture is defined as the design of a computer network for the purpose of allowing various systems to confabulate with each other. There are various components of the network architecture of a computer. There are servers, proxies, clients, server modules, cores and command consoles. The basic purpose of network architecture is to assist you so as to get a glitch free network. There are many types of network architecture that are present and among these, there is a very prominent one that is known as client server architecture. This article of mine is dedicated to the client server architecture type of network architecture.
Definition of Client Server Architecture
The Client Server Architecture is a kind of network architecture in which each computer that is present on the network is either a client or the server. The server, as we know, is the more powerful of the two and has to perform various duties. There are various kinds of servers such as file servers, network servers, print severs etc. Each serves has to take care of a job that corresponds to its name.
For example, printers that are present in the network will be managed by the print server and the disk drives are managed by the file servers.
The clients that are present in the network are dependent on the server that is present, for all their resources and also for the purpose of processing power. The Client Server structure is also known as a two-tier structure.
Characteristic features of the Client Server structure
- The Client server structure is used in many systems and mostly in automated library system. The structure basically segregates the functions of an application into two or more parts. Thus there are two major sub-systems, namely the client and the server, of which the client is the one that asks for a particular service, while the server is the one that renders the service.
- The client and the server are distinct from each other and they can be easily made out because of the duties that they perform.
- There may be more than one server for a given set of clients.
- The client and the server are connected to each other but at the same time, they are separate entities and either of them can be upgraded without having any effect on the other.
- The client is the one to break the ice between as it requests for a certain set of services from the server and only then will the server respond to the request that has been made.
- Client Server Structure is desirable keeping mind the present scenario. The network has a modular structure and it is much more flexible than the other network structures that are present. The human computer interaction is an important part of the network structure and this become easier with the client server structure.
- The Client Server Structure was basically developed as a solution to the problem of limited file sharing architecture that requires a large amount of bandwidth and causes the traffic in the network to get blocked. Thus, the Client Server structure no doubt eases the traffic of the network.
Note: Published Article and PPT is perfect for Students , Beginners who want to have brief info on topic, specially for making ppts for seminars,workshop and presentation competition . Power Point Presentation are prepared by our expert authors having insight knowledge of topic,if you have any queries do not forget to comment below.