Facebook Addictions Symptoms are not developed in day 1 , Actual signs of facebook addiction appears in any person after couple of months and turned into facebook addiction disorder The social networking site Facebook is the most popular site in the world. It is used by businessmen, professionals and students. The mantra for staying connected these days is not via the phone, but via Facebook. The social networking site provides you with a platform to socialize and interact with friends and close ones and there are fun applications that you can use too.
Facebook, I believe, is one of those things that have made life more colourful and simultaneously has brought the world together. As Facebook is so popular among the youth and adults alike, the site has sparked interest in the minds of many well known researchers who want to know why the site is such a hit and is preferred as compared to the other sites. Also, as the craze for the site is continuing to escalate there are certain concerns that are being raised with respect to it. The site sure is to keep you hooked on to it and as time passes you will realize that you spend a considerable amount of time on Facebook. If you are worried if you have become a Facebook addict, then you can check if you show the symptoms that have been listed below.
Facebook Addiction Symptoms Disorder Checklist :
- You check your account more than 5 times a day.
- You spend most part of the day in office doing chores for your boss, but each time you can get a 5 min power break, you run to your desk to check your Facebook notifications rather than gulp down a glass of water.
- You change your profile picture very often and then wait for the comments and “likes” to flow in.
- You may not realize this, but changing the profile picture attracts attention of all the people in your friend list as they get it on the home page of their profile and people mostly comment when a new picture is put up. You check into your account unnecessarily to see who all liked your picture and the comments that were received for the same.
- Commenting and replying to people’s post just for the sake of it
- If you spent a lot of time doing this, then you must know that this will do you no good and instead it will harm you in the near future. Reserve your comments and people will appreciate your presence on the site even more.
- If you have any or all of these symptoms then you are a Facebook addict and you need to slowly detach yourself from the site. Try engaging yourself in something that demands physical strength. Go for a walk outside, and be careful not to take your phone along or you might just end up checking your profile from your phone while strolling through the streets.