The VAO exam that is, the examination for the post of the Village Administrator Officer is not known to many but it is considered to be quite reputed among those who know and are aspiring to be a part of it. The exam is conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The examination is not publicized much and that is one of the main reasons that not many people know about it. Only the few who go through the employment newspapers know about this examination.
As it is a government job, the perks are great and the work is considered to be noble too. Here is all that you need to know about the VAO exam and how to apply for it.
All that you need to know about the VAO exam
The VAO exam is one that is open for everyone. You need to first enroll for the examination and in the application form you will need to state which category you belong to, and in case you belong to a reserved category you will need to provide a document that certifies the same. Once you have received your enrollment number for the exam you can appear for the exam that is basically a written one, that consists of objective questions.
The examination once cleared will lead you to the appointment by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. In case you receive the appointment letter by the Commission, you are required to provide a medical report which states that you are mentally and physically capable to take on the responsibilities as a Village Administrative Officer.
- There are certain pre-requisites for you to be eligible to appear for the exam. They are as follows.
- The candidate appearing for the examination must be above the age of 21 and below the age of 40 in the case that they belong to the reserved classes and 30 in case they are from the general category.
- Must have cleared the Senior Secondary examination from a recognized board of study
- Must be proficient in Tamil and must have passed Secondary School examination with Tamil as one subject. In case the student does not have this certificate they will need to sit for a separate test in which their knowledge of the language will be tested. This examination needs to be cleared within two years of the date of the appointment.
Seats reserved for certain classes of the society
- Since this examination is for the post of a government servant there are quite a few reservations that are present. The main ones have been enlisted below.
- There is a 5% reservation for ex-servicemen, 30% reservation for women and certain amount for the SC/STs and the OBCs as well. This reservation is present in each district of Tamil Nadu.
- Also, there is a reservation for the handicapped as well, but they have to furnish a certificate stating that their handicap will not come in the way of their work, in case they are sent an appointment letter by the Commission.
- It is imperative that the person who is appointed deposits a sum of Rs.2000 within one month of the date of appointment. In case the person who has been appointed belongs to the reserved classes he/she has to deposit a sum of Rs.1000 in the form of cash security.
This is all that you need to know about the VAO exam. In case you are interested in appearing for the examination you need to check the employment newsletters or surf the net for the dates of the examination.
vao exam model question paper free download