Die hard music fans play it loud on pc, what if suddenly your phone rings. All you do is , you run towards your computer to lower the volume level or pause the music. This is very common, almost everyone of us do this most of the time, but with the advent of technology and gadgets like kinect, the gesture controlled systems have ease human being in any regard. Guess what you sitting on other side of the living room playing loud music and suddenly you get a call, instead of running towards the pc, you wipe your hand and command your pc to pause the music, without touching computer , without getting closer. Dont you think it would be very amazing and very useful.
This is possible now, the application is named as flutter app, which helps you to control all your music played iTunes, VLC, Quick Time and Windows Media Player through traditional webcamera which comes with your computer or laptop. Currently the app is available for Mac OS and Windows 7 operating system which is expected to expand to other popular OS in future.
How it Works?
- All you have to do is, intall the app available for download on flutterapp website for windows 7 and Mac OS.
- Run your favorite tunes on music player like Winamp, iTunes, Windows Media Player and Spotify, Ensuring that the webcam process is turned on in the background though not required necessarily.
- Almost done, now in order to pause any music anytime, all you have to do is wipe your hand in up direction in front of webcam, the webcam sense your gesture and command the music application to pause the music, this is how the flutter app is programmed, the app actually code your hand gesture as pause signal in digital form and pass it to music player. As soon as you moved your hand up, you will find that the music has stopped playing, quite amazing isn’t it. After you are done with your call you can just wipe your hand again in front of web-camera to play the tracks again. and the process continues.
- The Flutter app does very well, if you try to control your music from 1-6 feet away. So its quite reachable
- This has come out as one of the best way to control your music remotely, you do not need a typical remote, iPhone or any other thing to stop/play music, all you need is this app and your hand gesture to do the rest.
Check out this Video